Talksafe is a Terrence Higgins Trust emotional wellbeing and sexual health service for young people aged 10-18, who live in London. It is a safe, confidential space where a young person can access:
- Counselling with a trained counsellor; online, in person or by text
- Places to talk with another young person, who is a trained peer mentor, about things concerning them
- Online message boards to write about anything on their mind
- A website for information and advice on emotional and sexual wellbeing
Talksafe is a support service designed by young people, for young people. It’s a safe place for young people to get advice from mentors their own age, talk to a counsellor or chat with other young people across London.
The project places young people at the heart of service delivery, being managed and directed by an Executive Group of young people who play a key role in publicity and marketing, promotion and delivery of the service. The Executive Group receive accredited training and support in their role.
Volunteering with Talksafe
Talksafe are recruiting young volunteers aged 15-18 to join the team.
- There are 3 different ways you can be involved.
- Peer mentor
- Executive Group member
- Talksafe Hero
- You could gain a City and Guilds qualification in peer mentoring.
If you would like to be a Talksafe volunteer or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org